Michael (Mike) Moellenkamp has an extensive background in Health and Safety and Hazardous Waste Management and Disposal. Equipped with his experience, Mike began his Sudbury based businesses, MySDS Inc. and Green Lights Environmental Solutions. The sister companies have a combined overall focus on compliance, health and safety, training and hazardous materials management.
Mike has seen various waste control and disposal projects through from cradle to grave; analyzing the issue, designing the solution and implementing the programs. His knowledge of chemical and medical waste and regulations has had him involved as a consultant in numerous projects Canada wide, including Health Canada, Walmart Canada and numerous Colleges and Universities.
Mr. Moellenkamp has managed many Certificate of Approval Amendments for various clients including Air Amendments, Chemical Amendments and Systems Amendments. Our local Ministry Offices consult with Michael surrounding issues pertaining to proper disposal of various waste streams.
As a Safety Instructor, Mike has experience not only presenting the training, but in the development and program design as well. He has created both instructor-led training as well as e-learning online. He has also created training that is industry or workplace specific. He has led training on a variety of topics and has an extensive list of certifications.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Technician NFPA 472
- Certified Spill Response Technician
- Certified Compressed Gas Cryogenic Liquids Specialist
- Certified Chlorine Gas Specialist
- Certified Chlorine Emergency Kit A Specialist
- Certified Chlorine Emergency Kit B Specialist
- Certified Chlorine Emergency Kit C Specialist
- Certified Anhydrous Ammonia Specialist
- Certified Incident Commander (Emergency Spill/Rescue)
- WHMIS / GHS Trainer Certified
- GHS Transition Consultant
- Certified Transportation of Dangerous Goods Trainer (road, rail, air, marine) TDG, IATA, IMDG
- Certified Confined Space Rescue Technician
- Certified Confined Space Entry Technician
- Certified Fall Arrest Rescue from Heights Specialist
- Certified Rope Rescue Technician – High Angle
- Certified Rope Rescue Technician – Tunnel Rescue
- Certified Rope Rescue Operations Specialist
- Certified Bio-Hazardous Infectious Materials Specialist
- Certified Decontamination Specialist
- Certified Trauma Scene Waste Management Practitioner
- Standard First Aid / CPR / HCP
- Certified Occupational Health & Safety Trainer (Supervisor & Worker)
- Certified Playground Inspector CPRA
- Certified 3R Waste Auditor (Recycling Council of Ontario)